Improbable Defence, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the war fighter.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
Is to establish a customer-facing technical group that is tasked with the development of an overall demonstration and customer briefing framework working cross-functionally with our BD, product and engineering groups. You will report into the BD team, and will lead the analysis of customer requirements and product vision.
Areas for Impact
- You will own the technical demonstration capability for the customer team and will maintain a suite of material to support business development activity. This is a highly visible, important role in the Defence business.
- You will become an expert in Improbable’s technology offering, learning how to troubleshoot, debug, design and architect systems built using our simulation environment platform.
- You will be the bridge between Improbable’s technology and our customers’ needs, providing the product group with valuable feedback. You will develop product management skills through this interaction.
- You will help shape and grow an effective pre-sales organisation as we scale.
- You will develop attractive technical narratives, refining specific value propositions and creating compelling collateral.
- You understand the functionality, architecture, business drivers, and technologies behind the products and systems you promote to help win business for Improbable
- You will use your technical experience to support the writing of proposals for primarily government opportunities.
- You will support the wider US and UK business development teams
We'd love to hear from you if you identify with any of the following:
- You have a proven track record in Defence systems engineering roles, with a desire to transition into a more customer-focussed technical role
- Experience developing software in a professional environment
- You have open communication and collaboration skills with an ability to adapt to different levels of technical understanding
- You are passionate about teaching and sharing knowledge
- You are naturally empathetic and patient
- You have experience mentoring or developing direct or indirect reports.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!