Improbable Defence, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the war fighter.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
...is to lead the generation of a solid technical narrative and proposals for the defence business in response to customer and internal requirements. You will be key in helping consolidate and grow our defence business.
You will be responsible for initially generating responses to RFIs and RFTs, mainly from government customers, as well as identifying new areas of business and working with business development to qualify leads. You will report to the Head of the Customer Team based in London.
We expect that your role will grow in terms of scope and responsibility as our business scales and continues to create customer value. We anticipate expansion into new territories, building new teams and organisations, as well as new types of capability within our business.
Areas for Impact
- You will be the first member of a critical team, helping us to grow and scale the function and deliver against our growth goals.
- You will lead the development of a proposals framework, drawing on best practice & your expertise.
- You will own all of the RFx (RFP, RFI, RFT, etc.) within Improbable Defence, setting up processes and tools to manage and monitor the pipeline internally and externally.
- You will draft and manage all proposals for new contracts, working cross-functionally and drawing upon the expertise of your colleagues.
- You will ensure our proposal process allows us to write proposals that are technically compliant, score well under evaluation, and are achievable post award
- You will lean-in on messaging messaging and content for external audiences including recruiting materials, online communications and product marketing materials.
- You will own the creation and use of technical narratives, documents and will maintain a library of approved content; to be updated continuously.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with some of the following:
- You have a proven track record in proposal / bid management within the Defence industry; ideally focussed on simulation and/or large-software programs
- You have evidence of winning multi-year government contracts exceeding $10m+
- You have a highly technical understanding of simulation, software and/or systems engineering and project/program delivery
- You have experience with national and international customers, including MoD, NATO, Five Eyes etc
- Experience establishing and growing a proposal management team or function would be advantageous but not essential
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!