Areas for Impact
- The Security and Compliance lead will serve as the FSO. While this doesn't require previous experience as an FSO, it does require high levels of trust, autonomy, and balancing security requirements with delivery needs. The FSO will be responsible for day-to-day implementation of our Special Security Agreement and other compliance measures.
- The Security and Compliance lead will organize and lead future security/compliance gap analyses and assessments, in a hands on way by writing and pulling together documentation, diagrams, creating tasks/tickets for engineering tasks, communicating with external stakeholders.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Excellent judgement and communication; security and compliance issues can be complex and nuance matters when communicating about them. At the same time, the Security and Compliance Lead must provide clear and concise updates to our customers and guidance to employees.
- A level of technical depth is needed in order to write security policies and guide IT and engineering teams through the implementation of those policies.
- Lead the rollout of practical changes required for the Special Security Agreement - this would include gathering detailed IT needs and budget, thinking through and revamping processes, and being very detail oriented and ready to learn about technologies and trade offs between technologies.
- Overseeing export compliance program, creating training for employees and ensuring policies are being met.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.